Kohima: A state funeral was accorded to pay homage to the deceased Speaker of Nagaland Legislative Assembly (NLA) Vikho-o Yhoshu, at the Speaker’s official bungalow on Wednesday. Yhoshu had passed away on Monday.
Deputy Speaker (Speaker-in-charge) Sharingain Longkumer, chief minister Neiphiu Rio, deputy chief minister Y Patton, Leader of Opposition TR Zeliang, chief secretary Temjen Toy, NDPP party representative, BJP party representative, and Sesino Yhoshü, eldest daughter of the Speaker, paid their homage and honour as they addressed the funeral service.
Final rites were later pronounced at Kimipfüfhe ground, Kigwema village, after which he was laid to rest in his native village.
Yhoshü passed away at a Mumbai hospital on Monday morning. He was 68. The Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP) leader was undergoing treatment after being diagnosed with lung cancer.
Yhoshü, an alumnus of Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad. He was elected to the Nagaland Legislative Assembly election in 2008, 2013 and 2018 from Southern Angami-I constituency.
- Spouses of H-1B visa holders can work in US, says judge
- India to unveil new Foreign Trade Policy 2023-28
- Former civil servants condemn Rijiju’s remarks on judiciary in open letter
- FSSAI allows labelling curd in regional names amid controversy
- Meghalaya: Asian leopard cat rescued by GHADC forest officials
- IOC asks IOA to appoint CEO without further delay