Kohima: A state funeral was accorded to pay homage to the deceased Speaker of Nagaland Legislative Assembly (NLA) Vikho-o Yhoshu, at the Speaker’s official bungalow on Wednesday. Yhoshu had passed away on Monday.
Deputy Speaker (Speaker-in-charge) Sharingain Longkumer, chief minister Neiphiu Rio, deputy chief minister Y Patton, Leader of Opposition TR Zeliang, chief secretary Temjen Toy, NDPP party representative, BJP party representative, and Sesino Yhoshü, eldest daughter of the Speaker, paid their homage and honour as they addressed the funeral service.
Final rites were later pronounced at Kimipfüfhe ground, Kigwema village, after which he was laid to rest in his native village.
Yhoshü passed away at a Mumbai hospital on Monday morning. He was 68. The Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP) leader was undergoing treatment after being diagnosed with lung cancer.
Yhoshü, an alumnus of Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad. He was elected to the Nagaland Legislative Assembly election in 2008, 2013 and 2018 from Southern Angami-I constituency.
- 3 women farmers killed, 2 injured as truck hits them near Tikri border
- Italy hosts a climate-focused G20 as geopolitics shift
- Campaign for Tuirial assembly bypoll ends in north Mizoram
- AFI partners with IOS Sports to raise bar of Indian Athletics
- Is brushing your teeth for two minutes enough? Here’s what the evidence says
- Khel Ratna: Neeraj Chopra, Ravi Dahiya, Lovlina Borgohain among 11 recommended