Guwahati: Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal on Tuesday announced to provide one-time financial grant of Rs 50,000 each to 1,000 new-generation authors from different communities, under the ‘Bhasa Gaurav Achoni’.
The chief minister took to Twitter to announce this and wrote, “Under the “Bhasa Gaurav Achoni”, we have decided to encourage 1,000 new authors from different communities of Assam by providing Rs 50,000 as one-time financial assistance. The Sahitya Sabhas will help us in selecting the authors.”
On the other hand, Sonowal said that government will also release corpus fund of Rs 10 crore for the Asam Sahitya Sabha. The chief minister announced this in a meeting at his Guwahati residence.
In the meeting, Sonowal declared that fund of Rs 5 crore will be provided to Bodo Sahitya Sabha and Rs 3 crore to other indigenous Sahitya Sabhas of the state.
The CM deliberated on ways to promote, protect and preserve the language of the different indigenous communities of Assam.
- BJP VP Ghosh wants Bhabanipur by-poll defered after being heckled
- Assam Jobs: Faculty HS School Guwahati announces 5 vacancies
- Arunachal governor inspects Sela Tunnel project work, praises BRO
- China says COVID-19 visa curbs against stranded Indians ‘appropriate’
- Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha
- NASA’s image of the ‘Hand of God’ in space has netizens baffled