Tinsukia: Three youths were arrested in Jorhat for showing black flag to Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal during a tea workers’ meeting at a field in Chinamara in Jorhat town on Monday, leaving security forces red-faced.
“The accused, who waved the black flag, has been identified as Pritam Talukdar. The names of other two accused are yet to be officially disclosed.
Taking everyone unawares, the youth waved a black flag and shouted “Jai Aai Asom” repeatedly while Union MoS for food processing industries Rameswar Teli was delivering his speech,” sources claimed, adding: “The CM, who was seated at the dias, was seen flustered by the sudden turn of events.”
A source said that the incident took place at a time when Teli was assuring the gathering. “We are Assamese. Sonowal will never do anything which will hurt Assamese people, Teli told the gathering, the source added.
“The youth was taken away by the police present at the spot,” the source said.
Speaking with EastMojo, Jorhat SP Jitmal Doley said, “The police have registering an FIR and will arrest the three persons.”
However, the SP did not reveal the charges pressed against them at that point of time.
According to sources, a case has been registered at Chinamara police outpost.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19