Kohima: Nagaland Legislative Assembly Speaker Vikho-o Yhoshü passed away at a Mumbai hospital on Monday morning. He was 68.
The Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP) leader was undergoing treatment in Mumbai after being diagnosed with lung cancer.
Yhoshü, an alumnus of Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad, was elected to the Nagaland Legislative Assembly election in 2008, 2013 and 2018 from Southern Angami-I constituency as a candidate of NDPP. He was elected as the Speaker of the legislative Assembly in March this year. He had defeated Naga People’s Front’s (NPF) Dr Imtiwapang Aier who had also filed his nomination paper for the post of Speaker.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19