New Delhi: Assam boxer Lovlina Borgohain defeated fellow pugilist Lalita in a unanimous decision in the women’s boxing trials of the Olympic qualifiers on Saturday.
The Golaghat girl beat her opponent in the 69 kg category. Borgohain will now represent India in the Tokyo Olympic Qualifiers to be held in Wuhan, China from February 3 to 14 next year.
Earlier on Friday, Borgohain defeated fellow pugilist Anjali on the first day of the women’s boxing trials of Olympic qualifiers.
Recently, the two-time World Championship bronze medalist boxer said that Khelo India Youth Games will help the country get more Olympic medalists, and it is Assam’s honour to be able to host the games.
In August this year, Boragohain clinched a gold at the Magomed Salam Umakhanov Memorial International boxing tournament in 69 kg category at Kaspiysk, Russia.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion