Imphal: Manipur woke up to cold showers on Friday morning as mercury dipped to as low as 2.02 degrees Celsius amid the festive season.
According to reports, Imphal has been swept by chilly winds for the past four days giving a hard time to the people, especially to office-goers and businessmen. Similar cold wave conditions were also reported from hill districts like Churachandpur, Kangpokpi, Senapati and Ukhrul for the past few days.
With the sudden fall in temperature, the sales of charcoal and electric heaters have spiked from consumers both in the hills and valley.
On Thursday, as per reports, Imphal recorded a minimum temperature of 3.1 degrees Celsius. Minimum temperatures recorded in other districts were 3.6 degrees Celsius in Kangpokpi, 3.4 degrees Celsius in Churachandpur, 4.6 degrees Celsius in Tamenglong, 5.1 degrees Celsius in Bishnupur, 5.5 degrees Celsius in Imphal East, 6.5 degrees Celsius in Kakching, 5.8 degrees Celsius in Noney, 6.2 degrees Celsius in Tengnoupal and 7.8 degrees Celsius in Ukhrul districts, respectively.
The chilly weather continued throughout the day.
The cold winds came early this time comparing to previous seasons; icy cold winds from the Himalayas are responsible for the cold spell, reports said.
- Assam: G20 delegates mesmerised by diverse culture and hospitality
- India, France, UAE unveil plan for cooperation under trilateral framework
- Sri Lanka must correct its ‘errors and failures’: President at 75th I-Day
- Nagaland govt restrict drugs sale to fight drug menace, pharma trafficking
- Assam: Chargesheet against doctors, magistrate in minor’s murder case
- Nagaland: Rs. 28.96 cr in cash, IMFL, drugs seized ahead of Assembly polls