Guwahati: Assam boxer Lovlina Borgohain beat fellow pugilist Anjali in the ongoing women’s boxing trials of Olympic qualifiers on Friday.
Boxing Federation of India took to Twitter to announce the development: “@LovlinaBorgohai beats Anjali in a unanimous decision in 69kg category.”
Recently, the two-time World Championship bronze medalist boxer said that Khelo India Youth Games will help the country get more Olympic medalists, and it is Assam’s honour to be able to host the games.
In August this year, Golaghat girl Boragohain clinched gold at the Magomed Salam Umakhanov Memorial International boxing tournament in 69 kg category at Kaspiysk, Russia.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31