New Delhi: Three decades and hundreds of hours in sorties later, Indian Air Force (IAF) will be bidding farewell to MiG-27 after a grand ceremony at Air Force Station Jodhpur base on Friday.
Inducted in 1985, the ground attack fighter aircraft played a crucial role during the 1999 Kargil War. It has been the mainstay of IAF’s ground attack capability and participated in all major IAF operations.
According to reports, With the decommissioning of the last MiG-27 squadron, it will bring the count of IAF’s combat units to just around 30, the lowest in decades.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity