Tinsukia: The police on Tuesday arrested four persons on charges of a theft attempt at a mobile shop in Assam’s Dibrugarh town.
The accused have been identified as Shahid Ansari, Md Saiful Islam, Sahidul Ansari aka Sunny and Rijabul Haque — all residents of Kalibari locality in Dibrugarh.
According to sources, CCTV played a vital role in the arrest of the persons. “The accused were identified with the help of CCTV footage provided by the owner of the shop.”
Also Read: 12-hr bandh on Dec 27 to demand release of KMSS leader Akhil Gogoi
Four youths can be seen with their face covered in the CCTV footage. They made several attempts to break open the shutter of the shop but failed as seen in the footage.
The accused tried to break the shutter of the shop on the intervening night of Monday and Tuesday, sources added.
A case has been registered at Dibrugarh police station under Section 379/511 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
- Meghalaya CM says load-shedding will continue, but things will improve soon
- Arunachal: East Kameng police solves ATM robbery case, arrests culprit
- BJP-TIPRA clash on TTAADC budget in Tripura Assembly
- Dimapur-Kohima railway line project work on in full swing: NFR
- Steel slag road technology a boon to BRO: Niti Aayog member
- Mamata urges Prez Murmu to protect Constitutional rights of people