The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha-Congress alliance has taken the lead in a tight race for Jharkhand. The grand alliance has already established leads on 42 of 81 seats in the 2019 Jharkhand elections. The ruling BJP is leading in 28 seats so far. Counting for the five-phase Jharkhand Assembly elections began at 8 am on Monday and is underway. In news just coming in, chief minister Raghubar Das is trailing by 771 votes to against Independent candidate Saryu Rai in the Jamshedpur East seat.
The latest party position:
JMM-Cong – 43
BJP – 27
AJSU – 3
JVM – 3
Others – 5
The results will announce the fate of the Raghubar Das-led Bharatiya Janata Party government in the state.
As the alliance seem to be moving towards the majority mark, JMM and Conrgess supporters were seen celebrating, bursting firecrackers.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19