Guwahati: Indians are protesting against the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) worldwide. In West London’s Southall district, often referred to as Little India, people held placards and voiced out their opinions against the new Act.
Holding up the Indian flag, the demonstrators also extended solidarity with the students who have stood ground and protested against CAA.
The amendmended Act gives citizenship to non-Muslims from Afghanistan, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
Also Read: CAA row: Sec 144 imposed, mobile services banned in parts of Delhi
- Nagaland’s Entrepreneurs Associates sensitises women vendors in Dimapur
- Bangladesh tries fences to tackle growing human-tiger conflict in Sundarbans
- Outcome of 2024 elections will ‘surprise’ people: Rahul Gandhi
- Indian-American eighth-grader Dev Shah crowned 2023 Scripps National Spelling Bee champion
- HC pulls up Meghalaya govt for coal export without seeking its origin
- Assam: Hailakandi BJP leader promised ‘govt jobs’ for money, arrested