Guwahati: The Gauhati High Court has directed the chief secretary of Assam to restore mobile internet services statewide by 5 pm on Thursday.
A division bench comprising Justices Manojit Bhuyan and Saumitra Saikia gave the direction after hearing public interest litigations filed by Devakanya Doley. Senior counsel Jaina Kothari presented the petitioners.
It is to be noted that internet services were suspended in several parts of Assam at 7 pm on December 11, the day Citizenship (Amendment) Bill was tabled and passed in Rajya Sabha. Since then, the ban has been on in those areas of the state.
- World Contraception Day 2021: Why we must learn about contraception
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar