Guwahati: The Gauhati High Court has directed the chief secretary of Assam to restore mobile internet services statewide by 5 pm on Thursday.
A division bench comprising Justices Manojit Bhuyan and Saumitra Saikia gave the direction after hearing public interest litigations filed by Devakanya Doley. Senior counsel Jaina Kothari presented the petitioners.
Also Read: CAA violence: Pro-talks ULFA leader Jiten Dutta arrested again
It is to be noted that internet services were suspended in several parts of Assam at 7 pm on December 11, the day Citizenship (Amendment) Bill was tabled and passed in Rajya Sabha. Since then, the ban has been on in those areas of the state.
- Meghalaya CM says load-shedding will continue, but things will improve soon
- Arunachal: East Kameng police solves ATM robbery case, arrests culprit
- BJP-TIPRA clash on TTAADC budget in Tripura Assembly
- Dimapur-Kohima railway line project work on in full swing: NFR
- Steel slag road technology a boon to BRO: Niti Aayog member
- Mamata urges Prez Murmu to protect Constitutional rights of people