Guwahati: The Indian Super League (ISL) football match between NorthEast United FC (NEUFC) and Chennaiyin FC has been postponed in Guwahati on Thursday, as the city has been placed under an indefinite curfew following protest against the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill (CAB).
The game was slated to be played at the Indira Gandhi Athletics Stadium at Sarusajai and further information regarding the match will be conveyed in due course.
The two teams did not train on Wednesday and pre-match media interactions were also called off.
Guwahati, the epicentre of anti-CAB protests, was placed under indefinite curfew on Wednesday night while the Army was called in.
Assam witnessed widespread violence on Thursday, with protesters taking to the streets across the state.
- India create history, win Olympic hockey medal after 41 years
- WHO: Four million new Coronavirus cases reported globally
- No more amendments to Citizenship Act to include more minorities
- Bitbns announces Cryptocurrency for India’s Olympics medallists
- COVID-19 herd immunity? It’s not going to happen, so what next?
- RBI cautions against fraudulent offers of buying/selling old notes