Guwahati: Assam finance minister Himanta Biswa Sarma was shown black flags during his visit to Diphu Medical College in Karbi Anglong on Tuesday.
As part of the ongoing 11-hour bandh in Northeast against the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill organised by umbrella students’ body North East Students’ Organisation (NESO), protesting members of the All Assam Students Union (AASU) of Karbi Anglong district committee showed black flags to the finance minister.
According to sources, the protesters were later taken to Diphu Police Station.
The controversial Citizenship (Amendment) Bill was passed in Lok Sabha a little after midnight on Monday with 311 ayes and 80 noes. It is likely to be tabled in Rajya Sabha on Wednesday.
- 3 lakh doses of intranasal Covid vax sent to hospitals: Bharat Biotech
- Musharraf, architect of 1999 Kargil war, leaves behind contentious legacy
- 2,278 arrested in 3 days in Assam’s child marriage crackdown
- Engineer on field trip rediscovers moth lost for 150 years in Arunachal
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Two JAC members attacked at rally in Sikkim’s Melli
- NF Railway clocks 9 pc jump in freight unloading in FY’24