Kokrajhar: The body of a woman was recovered from a locked room in a house in Gossaigaon’s Ranchaidham area in Assam’s Chirang district on Sunday. Locals suspect it to be a case of murder.
According to locals, the woman — identified as Chinoti Brahma (42) — was found with several injury marks on her head.
Brahma was a daily-wage labourer and a mother of two boys. While her older son works as a guard in a school, her younger son is a student at a residential school in the locality.
The mother and the sons were reportedly fine until Sunday morning. However, in the evening, when the mother was not seen in the house, they started to look for her.
Accordingly, after searching, Brahma’s body was found inside a locked room. They intimated the police about the incident. The police rushed to the spot and took stock of the incident. They recovered a piece of stick and a pick-axe from where the body was found.
The woman’s body was sent to the Basugaon police station for postmortem. The police have started investigation into the incident.
A senior police official said that several injury marks were found on the deceased’s head and body. The official assured that culprits will be booked immediately.
No arrests have been made so far; reasons for the death also remain unknown.
Locals demanded a thorough probe into the incident and nab the culprits involved. “It was a pre-planned murder. The culprits must be nabbed and punished,” said local reisdents.
- Meghalaya CM says load-shedding will continue, but things will improve soon
- Arunachal: East Kameng police solves ATM robbery case, arrests culprit
- BJP-TIPRA clash on TTAADC budget in Tripura Assembly
- Dimapur-Kohima railway line project work on in full swing: NFR
- Steel slag road technology a boon to BRO: Niti Aayog member
- Mamata urges Prez Murmu to protect Constitutional rights of people