Aizawl: The construction of broad-gauge railway track between Sairang and Bairabi in Mizoram is scheduled to be completed by 2022, an official statement quoting Union railway minister Piyush Goyal said recently.
During his meeting with Mizoram chief minister Zoramthanga earlier this week, Goyal informed the former that massive efforts are on to complete the broad gauge railway line between Bairabi and Sairang near Aizawl, the statement said.
The Union minister also asked the chief minister to ensure good coordination between the state government and engineers and workers to expedite the construction of the railway track.
Zoramthanga also informed the Union minister about the need for replacing the bailey bridge over Tiau river on the Mizoram-Myanmar border with concrete bridge.
He also told the minister the need for setting up well equipped land custom stations at Kawrpuichhuah on the Mizoram-Bangladesh border and Zorinpui on the Mizoram-Myanmar border.
- Mizoram churches condole death of Assam Police personnel in border clash
- Won’t allow illegal coke factories in East Jaintia Hills: MLA Kyrmen Shylla
- Independent committee to probe ‘rice scam’: Meghalaya govt
- Boundary row: Mizoram Youth Congress seeks President’s intervention
- The Optics of India’s ‘Chinky’ medalists at the Olympics
- Heartbreak as Indian women crash out of Olympic hockey final race