New Delhi: In chilling details which have emerged on Thursday morning, a rape survivor was set ablaze by a group of men purported to be the ‘rapists’ who were out on bail in Uttar Pradesh’s Unnao.
This comes days after a techie in Hyderabad was raped and burnt by four men causing national uproar.
According to reports, the incident happened in the wee hours of Thursday when she was headed to Raebareli with her parents for hearing in the rape case.
Earlier in March this year, she had filed an FIR accusing five men of sexually assaulting her on several occasions in 2018. Two of the accused were arrested following an FIR, but according to reports, one was on the run and another was later released on bail.
The victim has suffered more than 70% burns according to reports. She was initially taken to a local hospital but later referred to Lucknow hospital for better health care as her condition was grave.
The victim named three persons and they were rounded up, said Unnao SP Vikrant Veer was quoted as saying by The Indian Express.
- Tripura HC stays Trial Court ruling against WhatsApp
- Is it normal to forget words while speaking? And when can it spell a problem?
- How to effectively manage methane emissions from Indian landfills
- Should people who are forced to cross borders due to climate change be recognised as refugees?
- Megaherbivores could be a potential solution to manage invasive plants, finds study
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom