Guwahati: Assam girl Harsha Singha bagged a gold in taekwondo in the pair poomsae event (23 to 29 years’ category) with Gaurav Singha at the 13th South Asian Games being held in Kathmandu, Nepal on Monday.
The duo edged past Sri Lanka’s Jayaweera and Nishshanka 8.310 – 8.150 to emerge victorious.
India celebrated a huge return in the South Asian Games as no less than nine medals were won on the mat, including two golds.
The top gold was won by the men’s team poomsae (17 years and above to U-23); Lalthlamunapuia, Lalafakzula, Daniel Lalhumthanga, beating the Sri Lankan tearm of Ranuka Pedi, Durayalage Isuru and Nimesh Thanthirige.
The South Asian Games are a binennial multi sport event held among the athletes from South Asia and are joined by eight members; Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
This year, the 13th South Asian Games were held from December 1 and will continue till December 10 in Kathmandu, Pokhara and Janakpur in Nepal.
- Bitbns announces Cryptocurrency for India’s Olympics medallists
- COVID-19 herd immunity? It’s not going to happen, so what next?
- RBI cautions against fraudulent offers of buying/selling old notes
- IndiGo starts operating flights on Imphal-Shillong route
- Mizoram churches condole death of Assam Police personnel in border clash
- Won’t allow illegal coke factories in East Jaintia Hills: MLA Kyrmen Shylla