Kohima: Nagaland chief Minister Neiphiu Rio on Tuesday announced that Grammy and Academy Award-winning musician AR Rahman will grace the final showdown of the Hornbill Festival as guest of honour.
Taking to twitter, Rio wrote: “Happy to announce that Dr. A.R Rahman @arrahman will be the Guest Of Honour at the Closing Ceremony of #Nagaland #HornbillFestival2019. We look forward to having him at the #FestivalOfFestivals.
Hornbill Festival, popularly known as the ‘festival of festivals’, which began on Sunday will continue till December 10. While the first day recorded 45,142 visitors — of which 407 were foreign tourists, 4,954 domestic and 39,781 locals, the second day recorded 12,848 visitors with 548 foreign and 3,346 domestic tourists.
- Tripura CM directs review of UAPA charges in Panisagar violence
- ‘Be vigilant’, WHO tells Southeast Asia countries amid case surge, new variant
- Opposition unity at stake as Cong, TMC cross swords over leadership
- GMCH doctors strike against delay in NEET PG Counseling
- Cong demands revising COVID-19 death toll in Assam
- Who’s Charoo Bordoloye, Assam’s 1st and greatest Kathak exponent?