Kohima: Nagaland chief Minister Neiphiu Rio on Tuesday announced that Grammy and Academy Award-winning musician AR Rahman will grace the final showdown of the Hornbill Festival as guest of honour.
Taking to twitter, Rio wrote: “Happy to announce that Dr. A.R Rahman @arrahman will be the Guest Of Honour at the Closing Ceremony of #Nagaland #HornbillFestival2019. We look forward to having him at the #FestivalOfFestivals.
Also Read: Nagaland: Hornbill Music Festival 2019 gets underway in Dimapur
Hornbill Festival, popularly known as the ‘festival of festivals’, which began on Sunday will continue till December 10. While the first day recorded 45,142 visitors — of which 407 were foreign tourists, 4,954 domestic and 39,781 locals, the second day recorded 12,848 visitors with 548 foreign and 3,346 domestic tourists.
- Manipur: Security forces continue combing operations for 2nd day
- Ties with China cannot progress without peace at border: Jaishankar
- Bengal panchayat polls to be held on July 8
- 2 Bangladesh border guards trespass into Meghalaya, threaten locals
- Manipur situation ‘peaceful’, centre okays Rs 101-cr package for displaced people
- One crore saplings to be planted on Gandhi Jayanti: Assam CM