Darjeeling: Three Bangladeshi nationals were apprehended by security personnel from the border security outpost of Khoribari Panitanki in West Bengal’s Darjeeling district on Tuesday.
As per sources, the three illegal immigrants were nabbed by the 41 battalion of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) during a routine check along the Panitanki border line on Tuesday evening. The three Bangladeshi nationals entered India from neighbouring Nepal, without any valid documents, the sources added.
The apprehended Bangladeshi nationals have been identified as Md Hasnain, 20, hailing from Nolgora village, Md Rahim, 30, a resident of Uttardigaldi and 27-year old Ebrahim Mohammed, a native of Uttar Digoldi village in Bhola district of Bangladesh.
After preliminary interrogations, the trio were over to the Khoribari Police in Darjeeling.
- Why publishers are banning listing of ChatGPT as academic author
- IIT-Guwahati: Scientists discuss low-cost solutions to curb methane emissions
- Railways to recruit for IRMS through Civil Services Examination
- 16-pound baby born in Brazil: what adds to risk of having a giant baby?
- Development, tribal welfare will be BJP’s poll planks: Tripura CM
- Nagaland polls: BJP releases list of 20 candidates