Darjeeling: Three Bangladeshi nationals were apprehended by security personnel from the border security outpost of Khoribari Panitanki in West Bengal’s Darjeeling district on Tuesday.
As per sources, the three illegal immigrants were nabbed by the 41 battalion of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) during a routine check along the Panitanki border line on Tuesday evening. The three Bangladeshi nationals entered India from neighbouring Nepal, without any valid documents, the sources added.
The apprehended Bangladeshi nationals have been identified as Md Hasnain, 20, hailing from Nolgora village, Md Rahim, 30, a resident of Uttardigaldi and 27-year old Ebrahim Mohammed, a native of Uttar Digoldi village in Bhola district of Bangladesh.
After preliminary interrogations, the trio were over to the Khoribari Police in Darjeeling.
- 2 Indian projects among 15 finalists for Prince William’s Earthshot Prize
- Gadkari gets Rs 4 lakh royalty per month from YouTube for lecture videos
- NIA arrests key conspirator in Manipur Rifles arms theft case
- Central govt very keen towards welfare of Kashmiri migrants: Sonowal
- The Wire receives IPI’s Free Media Pioneer Award
- Relief package for telecom sector to aid NE connectivity too: Vaishnaw