Tinsukia: A joint team of the directorate of vigilance and anti-corruption and excise intelligence bureau of the excise commissionerate launched an operation at Kharboja in Goalpara district and recovered huge quantity of illegal Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL).
Two persons — Nipul Rava and Rajesh Kumar Rava — in whose house the illegal IMFL was stored — have been arrested.
According to sources, “Based on a secret information from the directorate of vigilance and anti-corruption, a joint raid was conducted by the directorate and excise intelligence bureau officials recovering the huge quality of illegal IMFL.”
The recoveries include 162 cartons of IMFL, 163 cartons of beer, 2,980 fake labels and two fake seals.
The illegal IMFL was meant for sale and consumption in Arunachal Pradesh, sources said, adding: “Investigations are underway to unearth the racket and the kingpin.”
There have been several cases where liquor meant for sale in Arunachal Pradesh have been diverted to Assam for sale, causing crores of loss to the exchequer in Assam. “In most such cases, big fish manage to get off the hook,” the sources alleged.
- What do people think about when they go to sleep?
- Mizoram: 3 arrested in Champhai for posing as intelligence officials
- Arunachal: Active NSCN-K cadre surrenders in Changlang
- Tripura CM urges students to be watchful allies of the police
- Brutal assault on Naga woman in Ahmedabad spa sparks outrage
- Bloom Bazaar: Nagaland’s fresh initiative to boost floriculture