Aizawl: Mizoram is a beautiful mountainous region of the Northeast. If you have any plans of visiting it, these are the top seven places you must check out during your stay:
1. Reiek Tlang: A place to find peace and serenity, Reiek Tlang stands at 1,600 metres above sea level. It calls out to the lovers of nature, adventure and romance. Located at a distance of 29 km from Aizawl, the hills provide visitors with an opportunity for trekking against the backdrop of picturesque locales borrowed from the Mizo Hills.
2. Hmuifang Tlang: One of the most beautiful destinations in Mizoram, Hmuifang or Hmuifang Tlang is an amazing hill station with a lot to offer to the discerning traveller. Located 50 km from the capital city of Aizawl, Hmuifang is a hill town in the heart of Mizoram. The virgin green forest is known for adventure and wildlife-related activities which draw many enthusiasts to the hills.
3. Dampa Tiger Reserve: Situated at an altitude of 800-1,100 metres, the tiger reserve covers an area of about 500 km. Declared as a tiger reserve in 1994, Dampa Tiger Reserve homes a diverse range of flora and fauna. Boastings of steep precipitous hills, deep valleys, jungle streams, ripping rivulets, natural salts licks, Dampa Tiger Reserve is not easily accessible, unlike other park. Here you can’t ride on a four-wheeler but you have to walk through the forest to enjoy its beauty.
4. Solomon’s Temple: The temple area accommodates 2,000 people within the main hall and 10,000 people within its courtyard. It is a square site 180 feet on each side. The interior of the temple building is also square, 120 ft on each side. A verandah of 30 ft wide is attached to the exterior of the main hall on all four sides. This provides a shelter for people with its sizable seating capacity and is called ‘The porch of Solomon’s Temple’.
5. Vantawng Falls: The highest waterfall in the state and the 13th highest in the country, the Vantawng Waterfall is one of the most mesmerising waterfalls of Northeast. Vantawng Falls, tucked in between the verdant valleys with thick greenery around the waterfall seems like a river of white milk from distance. The fall is the pride of Mizoram and one of its prime attractions.
6. Phawngpui National Park: The Phawngpui Blue Mountain National Park or simply Phawngpui National Park is a gorgeous conservatory forest in Mizoram housing several rare animals and birds, adorned in tropical forests. The park overlooks rivers and mountain ranges adding to its natural beauty and charm. It houses several species of birds and animals such as the Asiatic black bear and the black eagle.
What gives this park a mandatory spot in your itinerary is that it is the ultimate hike for trekkers, hikers and adventure-seekers given it’s fairly cast size. The incentive of the long hike is the scenic beauty of the park, also the opportunity to spot rare animals, birds and plants on the trail. The Blue Mountain makes for a picturesque, breathtaking view that one must see to believe.
7. Phawngpui Peak: The highest point in the state, Phawngpui Peak is a revered mountain among the tribes of Mizoram. The beautiful blue mountain located around 300 km south of Aizawl is a wonderful place to be in and to bring out the adventure enthusiast in you. The peak is located within the Phawngpui National Park and oversees a wondrous landscape full of deep crevices and magnificent cliffs. Trekking to the summit of Phawngpui is an experience no adventure lover can let go of.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19