Tengnoupal: Security personnel seized a huge consignment of contraband drugs worth over Rs 2 crore at a mobile vehicle check-post in Manipur’s Tengnoupal district, close to the India-Myanmar borders recently, said an official report.
In a release issued by Lt Col Sumit K Sharma, PRO (defence), the contraband drugs were recovered during a routine search at a check post, being carried out by Assam Rifles in Tengnoupal on November 22.
During a thorough check in one of the suspicious vehicles, a white Maruti Alto, which was intercepted by the forces, the team recovered 50 packets of heroin weighing approximately 641 gm and valued at more than Rs 2 crore, it said.
The driver, identified as H Jangkhongam Mate of Kangpokpi district, has been arrested.
Meanwhile, the arrested individual and recovered items have been handed over to Tengnoupal Police Station for further investigation, the official said.
- Japan’s military, among world’s strongest, looks to build
- Nagaland killings: RRAG calls for immediate arrest of accused personnel
- Tribal body revises death toll in Nagaland firing to 14
- Hornbill Festival stopped for a day as Nagaland mourns civilian killings
- Mahaparinirvan Diwas 2021: President, PM pay tribute to Dr BR Ambedkar
- MNF MLA among 92 new COVID-19 patients in Mizoram, 2 more deaths