Imphal: Two CRPF jawans from the B-87 battalion were reportedly injured when a grenade exploded inside the Thangmeiband Improvement Club (TIC), just outside the Manipur Assembly, around 5.20 pm on Friday.
According to sources, the injured jawans have been identified as HC/GD GC Raba and CT/GD Yadav Munna of B/87 battalion. Both of them were rushed to RIMS Hospital, Imphal.
Senior police officials have rushed to the spot. The blast takes place within 20 days of another blast in Imphal. details are awaited.
Earlier on November 5, six persons, including five security personnel, sustained injuries when a suspected Improvised Explosive Device (IED) exploded at Khoyathong Road near Sani Mandir in Imphal around 9.20 am.
Some vehicles were also been damaged during the blast. State chief minister N Biren Singh along with senior police officers also visited the blast site and asked the state administration to investigate into the matter with immediate effect.
On November 2, an IED blast was triggered by unidentified persons at Telipati area in Imphal East district injuring three BSF jawans.
- Manipur: How dumping sites turned into street libraries in Tamenglong
- Tripura: Mysterious death of a family, Opposition leader demands probe
- Meghalaya: George Lyngdoh resigns from TMC citing ‘personal reasons’
- Manipur’s biggest achievement in 7 decades: Biren Singh on peace pact with UNLF
- Now, you can fly directly to Bangkok from Guwahati
- ‘Animal’ review: A monstrous attack on feminism, wokeism