Agartala: The Indigenous Nationalist Party of Twipra (INPT) on Wednesday announced that it will organise blockades along roads and railway lines at Chandra Sadhu Para and Bighu Das Para under Jirania subdivision of West Tripura district demanding withdrawal of Citizenship (Amendment) Bill (CAB) and extending help to Reang refugees on December 5.
Speaking at a press conference, INPT president Bijoy Kumar Hrangkhawl said, “On two-point charter of demands, INPT will organise rail and road blockades at two different spots under Jirania subdivision on December 5.”
He also urged all the indigenous regional political parties to support this movement in the benefit of all.
“We have come to that the Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019 would be introduced on the floor of the winter session. INPT is strongly opposing this initiative of the central government and request to drop this bill from introducing,” he said.
Hrangkhawl also said the Reang refugees had been staying in Tripura for the last 23 years. The state administration should consider their issues on humanitarian grounds till their final settlement and provide ration along with day-to-day requirements.
“NRC is also a fundamental demand for INPT. NRC-related case is pending with the Supreme Court and we hope that the apex court will give a verdict and monitor every aspect”, said party general secretary Jagadish Debbarma.
“Our appeal to the Central government is that all are Indians here and hence, what is the necessity of CAB implementation? Kindly withdraw this bill for the benefit and development of all,” he added.
- TMC’s Saket Gokhale sent to 2-day police custody over tweet on PM’s Morbi visit
- Mirabai Chanu wins silver at World Championship despite wrist issue
- Egam Basar: Arunachal scientist on a mission to revive dying water bodies
- Rs 387cr 4-lane Dimapur-Kohima road to be ready this year: Gadkari
- Manipur: Six cops among 9 injured during eviction drive in Kangpokpi
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 7 December, 2022