Itanagar: The special investigation cell (SIC) of Arunachal Pradesh Police arrested Tage Tania, the then branch manager of Central Bank of India, Ziro in connection with the multi-crore Potin-Bopi Trans Arunachal Highway (TAH) compensation scam.
SIC SP M Harsha Vardhan informed EastMojo: “Tania who is alleged to have acted in conspiracy with some other government servants to aid in siphoning off government money was detained from Jorhat in Assam on Tuesday.”
“The arrest was made in connection with FIR No 2/19 of the SIC police station, under Sections 409, 420, 467, 468 and 471 of the IPC, read with Section 13 (2) of the Prevention of Corruption Act,” the SP said.
Tania is currently under police custody for seven days.
The ambitious Potin to Bopi TAH project in the state’s Lower Subansiri area has been mired in a land compensation controversy. The scam is considered to be one of the biggest in the history of Arunachal Pradesh with the compensation amount totalling to around Rs 188 crore.
After being cornered by allegations from various quarters and demands for CBI investigation into the matter, the state government had handed over the case to the SIC last year.
Accordingly, the cell had earlier this year arrested an assistant and junior engineer of public works department (Highway) and an agriculture development officer of Yachuli circle in connection with the scam.
- Use technology to make education accessible to children with disabilities: Prez Murmu
- SS Rajamouli bags best director award at New York Film Critics Circle for ‘RRR’
- AIUDF chief Badruddin Ajmal faces backlash over ‘Hindu marriage’ remark
- Using abusive words against PM Modi new normal for Congress: BJP
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Round of 16 full schedule and fixtures
- BJP uses TMC’s ‘Khela hobe’ slogan against Mamata Banerjee’s party