Shillong: The Centre may soon propose to release Rs 50 crore to the Khasi Hills Autonomous District Council (KHADC) for the year 2019-20, according to the deputy chief executive member Pyniaid Sing Syiem.
During the winter session of the Khasi Hills Autonomous District Council (KHADC) which began on Tuesday, Syiem informed the council of the same.
He said that the Union ministry of finance is proposing to release the special assistance grant to the council under the excluded areas.
To a supplementary question, raised by Nongshken member Grace Mary Kharpuri, the deputy CEM said the council has sought financial assistance of Rs 1,208 crore from the Centre for a period of five years.
This proposal was submitted before the 15th Finance Commission during its visit to the state on June 4, this year, he said.
Syiem also informed that the 15th Finance Commission is still examining the proposal since the ADCs are yet to be included under Article 280 of the Indian Constitution when the Leader of Opposition, Lamphrang Blah, sought to know as to when the Centre would release the said fund.
- Meghalaya delegations meets Assam CM over setting up of BOPs
- Centre issues guidelines for MSOs to run platform services
- SC to consider listing Bilkis Bano’s plea against remission, release of 2002 rape, murder convicts
- Festivals like Manipur’s Sangai enrich country’s cultural heritage: PM
- Assam: Himanta distributes scooters to meritorious students
- Congress prez Kharge hits out at Modi govt for stopping scholarships for minority students