Guwahati: Hundreds of teaching staff members from Assam under the banner of ‘All Assam Sanjyogi Siksha Karmi Union’ gheraoed the Axom Sarva Siksha Abhijan Mission (ASSAM) headquarters at Kahilipara in Guwahati on Wednesday.
In an attempt to pressure the government to address their long-pending grievances, the protesters while making a sit-in demonstration in front of ASSAM headquarters, also shouted slogans against the state education department and the state government as a whole.
Among their list of demands, the protesters demanded an early regularisation of the TET teachers across the state within a specified time. The teachers union also in its protest also criticised the state education department for their recent decision in handing over the mid-day meal scheme at government schools across the state to non-governmental organisation which is leading to new controversies.
Demanding a hike in their monthly wages, the teachers’ union through mass demonstration also demanded an increase in their salary from existing Rs 10,000 to Rs 15,000.
Meanwhile, the teachers’ union also submitted a memorandum to chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal and state education minister Siddhartha Bhattacharya, addressing their list of demands.
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31
- Manipur: Two suspects arrested in Athuan Abonmai murder case