Agartala: Tripura chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb’s remark has once again made it to social media headlines. On Tuesday, the CM created quite a stir when he said that Mughals intended to bomb the culture of Tripura.
While addressing the Sharad Sanman 2019, organised by Tarun Sangha at Dhaleswar in Agartala, Deb said, “Tripura has enough wonders which are still unknown to people as the Mughals intended to destroy the culture of Tripura by bombing the arts and architectures of the state.”
He urged everyone to use social media to spread the beauty and heritage of the state and promote tourist places over social media.
“The goddess of Matabari is so divine that even the tortoise walks up all the way to the temple before leaving its last breath. All these wonders deserve to get shared over social media, as many people do not know about the wonders of Tripura,” he said.
Tripura has shaktipeeth, historical Unakoti, raw natural beauty, bisons, spectacled monkeys and many more. That is why we have started a photo and video competition to promote tourism, he said.
“If everyone starts to post at least five tourist attractions and wonders, then Tripura tourism will not need special advertisements. Tripura will be popular all over the world automatically,” Deb added.
This is not the first time that the CM created a controversy over his comments. Earlier in 2018, he said Internet and satellite existed even during the Mahabharata period and it was used back then.
He also said that ducks in water generate oxygen. Although experts justified his claims later, he was trolled widely over the Internet over his remark.
- HC relief for Assam man whose late mother was declared ‘foreigner’
- Bengal Guv addresses to assembly, BJP MLAs stage walkout
- Half his plants died, but this Ukhrul farmer never gave up: Here’s why
- Sundance festival catapulting Indian documentaries to the Oscars
- PM Modi wears jacket made of recycled plastic bottles
- SC removes remark calling Sikkimese-Nepalis as ‘Persons Of Foreign Origin’ from judgment