Kohima: The police apprehended four drug traffickers from the 3rd Mile area of Dimapur in Nagaland on Wednesday. Altogether, 23 packets of suspected heroin, neatly packed in soap cases, were seized from them.
According to police sources, the arrested persons have been identified as Kangba Maram (35), Pavi Poumai (25), Sho Poumai (28) and Daphru Poumai (38).
Apart from heroin, the other items that were seized include a country-made .22 pistol with one magazine, 90 packets containing 18,000 Wr (Yaba) tablets and Rs 3.1 lakh in cash.
A vehicle (bearing registration No. WB74J 1171), which was suspected to be stolen, was also recovered by the police. A case has been registered at Diphupar Police Station.
- Nagaland Lottery December 6: Check Dear Ganga Morning lottery result
- Nagaland firing issue raised in RS; Opposition demands statement from HM
- 3 feared dead as Myanmar army truck runs down protesters
- Japan’s military, among world’s strongest, looks to build
- Nagaland killings: RRAG calls for immediate arrest of accused personnel
- Tribal body revises death toll in Nagaland firing to 14