Dimapur: A team led by Dimapur Task Force conducted a surprise checking on banned single-use plastic items along the entire stretch of Nyamo Lotha Road and New Market in Dimapur on Thursday and recovered around 120 kg of such articles.
A DIPR report said that the raid was led by an Extra Additional Commissioner (EAC) Sadar, Dimapur along with representatives of DMC, Police and GBs of New Market area.
According to the EAC, around 120 kg of banned single-use plastic items were seized during the raid and informed that all defaulters will be imposed heavy fine and may lead to the cancellation of trade licenses.
The District Task Force warned the shops/traders “not to stock” or use banned single-use plastic items. Timely surprise checking will be conducted.
Following the imposition of ban on single-use plastic (SUP) items across the state with effect from October 2, the Dimapur district administration had earlier conducted a check at New Market area of Dimapur on Friday where it seized nearly 40 kg of banned plastic products.
In October, the Kohima District Task force also conducted a surprise checking where it seized a mini truck load of banned products.
- Nagaland Lottery December 7: Check Dear Teesta Morning lottery result
- Mon killing: Nagaland government calls off Hornbill festival
- Nagaland incident: Genocide on pretext of mistaken identity, says NEFIP
- Nagaland: Konyak Union declares 7-day mourning, Mon bandh today
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for Dec 7
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for Dec 7