Diphu: In a major breakthrough, the directorate of revenue intelligence (DRI) with the help of Manja police of Assam’s Karbi Anglong district seized 18.5 kg gold biscuits from two persons on the intervening night of Tuesday and Wednesday.
The arrested persons were identified as Md Tari Monsur of Tairipok Sing and Md Iqbal Hussain (31) of Lilong Turel, both in Thoubal district of Manipur.
The gold was seized from an EcoSport car bearing registration AS- 01-BS-3330 coming from Manipur and heading towards Guwahati. The vehicle was intercepted by Manja police at Manja check post under Manja police station on Tuesday midnight and took the vehicle at Manja police station. Early in the morning of Wednesday, around 3 am, DRI officials reached police station and took the vehicle to their office in Guwahati.
Karbi Anglong SP Gaurav Upadhayay informed media persons that the operation was done by DRI. Manja Police helped the team of DRI in intercepting the vehicle. Since the vehicle was in a dilapidated condition, the police helped in keeping the vehicle in safe custody after which it was taken to Guwahati by DRI. Search and seizure were done by DRI in Guwahati.
- Bhabanipur bypoll: BJP stopped from campaigning near Mamata’s house
- In a first, Bengal to count big herbivores during tiger census
- Nagaland: NSCN-K Niki Sumi cadre arrested at Chumukedima
- World Rose Day 2021: Here’s why this day is dedicated to cancer patients
- World Rhino Day 2021: Significance & slogans to save the rhinoceros
- Arunachal logs 64 fresh COVID-19 cases, one fatality