Aizawl: The Mizoram Pradesh Youth Congress Committee (MPYCC) has slammed the government for erratic power supply and for shutting down electricity in vast swathes of land without giving prior notice to the consumers on every state holidays and Saturdays.
In a press release, the party accused the government of increasing electricity and water bills. They alleged that all these inconveniences to the consumers and people are due to the weak governance of the Mizo National Front (MNF).
“The monthly ration supplied from the warehouses are substandard, and that retailers have to go through the burden of checking every bag of rice to determine whether it is consumable. There are instances where old and sour rice are distributed by retailers; and these suppliers cannot be controlled by the government,” it alleged.
As Christmas is coming up, demand will increase for the supply of LPG. The MPYCC is questioning why the MNF government is unable to meet the basic needs of the people, and has urged the government to take steps to improve the supply of basic requirements of the people.
- Meghalaya startup is using dehydrated fruits, spices for making snacks
- New Songs Sunday: PinkPantheress, Ankur Tewari, Jazmin Bean & some Christmas joy
- Pregnancy is a genetic battlefield: Conflicts of interest vs mom-dad genes
- Assam: Three civet cats rescued in Nagaon district
- HIV cases in Assam surge with 2,269 more testing positive since April
- What is a DAO? Different types of DAOs