Agartala: In a bid to oppose the alleged failure of the BJP-led government in the state on various fronts, especially on issues like combating financial crunch, generation of employment and food security, among others, members of the Tripura Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) has been undertaking a statewide movement since November 5 in different parts of Tripura. The protests will continue till November 15, said party sources.
Speaking with EastMojo, chairman of the Pradesh Congress Adhoc committee, Pijush Kanti Biswas, said that as a part of the movement, protest rallies are being held against various government policies.
“Movement in all the district and block levels will be organised till November 13, while the central mass gathering and movement would be held in Agartala on November 14,” Biswas said.
Speaking further, Biswas said that the AICC secretary Bhupen Borah will be present in Agartala on Thursday during the protest rally, which will start from Congress Bhawan and will walk through various routes of Agartala. The party will also register protest in front of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Agartala branch.
Earlier, the PCC leaders held protest rallies in Ambassa, Dharmangar, Sonamura city against the BJP-led NDA government at the Centre.
- Nagaland killings: RRAG calls for immediate arrest of accused personnel
- Tribal body revises death toll in Nagaland firing to 14
- Hornbill Festival stopped for a day as Nagaland mourns civilian killings
- Mahaparinirvan Diwas 2021: President, PM pay tribute to Dr BR Ambedkar
- MNF MLA among 92 new COVID-19 patients in Mizoram, 2 more deaths
- Sikkim to Singapore to Simmons: Naresh Agarwal co-authors book on 25 inspiring journeys