Aizawl: In protest against the alleged failure of the BJP government in fulfilling the expectations of the people of the state, the Mizoram unit of the Congress party staged an agitation on Wednesday in Aizawl where senior party leaders, including Dr Thokchom Meinya, took part, among many others.
The programme was chaired by H Liansailova, vice president of Mizoram Congress, in the presence of Zodintluanga, treasurer, Mizoram Pradesh Congress Committee, and general secretaries and secretaries of the party.
Dr Thokchom Meinya told the gathering that BJP has crashed almost every government institution and gravely mismanaged the healthy economy they inherited from the UPA government.
“Farmers are in distress, economy has been free falling, unemployment at its highest percentage, Reserve Bank of India robbed of its reserves, and our gold reserves are being sold in the open market,” Meinya alleged.
“Demonetisation was the biggest blunder in the history of India after Mohammed bin Tuglaq shifted his capital from Delhi to Daulatabad,” Meinya added.
- 3 lakh doses of intranasal Covid vax sent to hospitals: Bharat Biotech
- Musharraf, architect of 1999 Kargil war, leaves behind contentious legacy
- 2,278 arrested in 3 days in Assam’s child marriage crackdown
- Engineer on field trip rediscovers moth lost for 150 years in Arunachal
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Two JAC members attacked at rally in Sikkim’s Melli
- NF Railway clocks 9 pc jump in freight unloading in FY’24