Imphal: A Manipur-bound tourist bus coming from Dimapur met with a road accident in Senapati district, injuring many passengers on Wednesday afternoon. However, no death has been reported till the filling of this report.
According to sources, the incident took place around 1.45 pm on Wednesday when the tourist bus, plying from Dimapur to Imphal along the National Highway-2, fell into a gorge between Maram and Makhan village in Manipur’s Senapati district.
As per reports, the injured have been taken to Assam Rifles hospital in Maram. According to sources, some of the injured have been identified as Subhan Ali (Golpara, Assam); Jangthaolung (Noney); Bisa Sheikh (Golpara, Assam); Feijul Haque (Dhubri, Assam); Jenny Rose (Checkon, Imphal); Santulla Ahmad (Golpara, Assam); Attaur Ali (Dhubri, Assam). Some passengers, who sustained minor injuries, were allowed to go after getting first-aid in Maram.
Further details are awaited.
- IMA president: Lawsuit over Ayurveda remarks ‘design to harass doctors’
- Rotary International President pays goodwill visit to PM Modi
- Delta variant challenges China’s costly lockdown strategy
- Global COVID-19 cases could exceed 200 million by next week: WHO
- Drug trafficker shot at in another police encounter in Assam
- Arunachal Pradesh reports 319 new COVID-19 cases, 2 more deaths