Imphal: A Manipur-bound tourist bus coming from Dimapur met with a road accident in Senapati district, injuring many passengers on Wednesday afternoon. However, no death has been reported till the filling of this report.
According to sources, the incident took place around 1.45 pm on Wednesday when the tourist bus, plying from Dimapur to Imphal along the National Highway-2, fell into a gorge between Maram and Makhan village in Manipur’s Senapati district.
As per reports, the injured have been taken to Assam Rifles hospital in Maram. According to sources, some of the injured have been identified as Subhan Ali (Golpara, Assam); Jangthaolung (Noney); Bisa Sheikh (Golpara, Assam); Feijul Haque (Dhubri, Assam); Jenny Rose (Checkon, Imphal); Santulla Ahmad (Golpara, Assam); Attaur Ali (Dhubri, Assam). Some passengers, who sustained minor injuries, were allowed to go after getting first-aid in Maram.
Further details are awaited.
- Will India make a winning start at women’s Asian Champions Trophy?
- Meghalaya Youth Cong: Mass resignation not end of Congress
- Singapore says Omicron not more severe than other variants as of now
- BWF World Tour Finals: Sindhu beats Yamaguchi in semis, enters final
- Ratan Tata, Lovlina Borgohain, 17 others to receive top Assam govt awards
- Amid calls for booster shots, experts say double vaccinate against Covid first