Mumbai: Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar, who was reportedly not keeping well for the past couple of days, has been shifted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai early on Monday morning after she complained of breathing problems.
However, family sources informed that the singer is recovering. She was down with a viral infection. She is on the path to recovery.
“She is doing absolutely well and is stable. She will be discharged by tomorrow. We thought, it’s better to treat her at a hospital because of the viral infection; so she is there for today,” family sources added.
The singer, who turned 90 on September 28, was reportedly in a critical condition. She was brought to hospital around 2 am. Later in the day, the legendary playback singer was visited in hospital by her sister Asha Bhonsle.
Indore-born Mangeshkar has lent her voice to thousands of songs in over 1,000 Hindi films as well as in various regional, including Assamese and foreign languages.
In a career spanning over seven decades, she recorded her last song this year. Saugandh mujhe is mitti ki was released on March 30 as a tribute to the Indian army. Her last full album in 2004 was Veer-Zaara when she was 75.
Some of the evergreen Assamese songs, in which she lent her voice include Duyo Mukhamukhi (lyrics/music by Bhupen Hazarika), Godabori Noire (lyrics/music by Bhupen Hazarika), Jonakore Raati (Era Bator Xur film; lyrics/music by Bhupen Hazarika), Kopi Uthe Kiyo Tajmahal ((lyrics/music by Bhupen Hazarika), Moi Othai Jolodhir (lyrics/music by Bhupen Hazarika), Rod Puwabor Karone, etc.
- Northeast Church leaders extend solidarity to Karnataka Christians
- Assam by-polls: Thowra heading for a BJP win, Raijor Dal might finish second
- Covid surge in West Bengal: 24 containment zones created
- Nagaland: Hope and apprehension as primary schools reopen slowly
- Nagaland women commission chief’s ‘Good Patriarchy’ jab sparks outrage
- BJP should apologise to people of Assam: Cong on EC warning to Sarma