Tinsukia: In a tragic incident, a student of Dibrugarh University allegedly committed suicide in his room at a private paying guest (PG) outside the university campus at Barboruah in Assam’s Dibrugarh district on Saturday.
The deceased was a student of 7th semester and hailed from Dhemaji district of Assam.
The incident comes almost a month after another student committed suicide in her hostel room inside Dibrugarh University campus, hinting at the “stress” levels the students are reportedly forced to go through. According to sub-inspector (P) Abha Jyoti Rabha, the police found the body hanging from the ceiling fan of the room. “The door of the room was left open.”
“The police received information at 6 am from Dibrugarh University,” Rabha said, adding, prima facie it seems to be a case of suicide. “However, we have not recovered any suicide note or any suspicious item from the spot,” he added.
“During investigation it has been learnt that he was loitering in the premises till 2 am,” he said, adding: “We are investigating the matter.”
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19