Itanagar: Official trial proceedings on the May 21 massacre, in which sitting MLA of Khonsa West Assembly constituency Tirong Aboh and 10 others were brutally killed, begun at the district and sessions court (west session division) in Yupia on Friday.
The proceedings come following the recent arrests of six suspects by the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
If sources are to be believed, a total of six persons — Jai Kishan Sharma, Ellie Ketok, Samgin Wangsu, Anok Wangsa, Yangte Josaham and Luckin Mashangva — are facing trials at the court with Jai Kishan being the main person who allegedly funded the non-state elements.
Jai Kishan is also believed to be one of the masterminds who plotted the mass murder, sources said.
The sources also said that the NIA had apprehended several suspects, but only the aforementioned persons are under its custody as of now.
The rest are under the agency’s radar though, the sources said.
Meanwhile, it was informed that only Yangte Josaham was brought before the court on Friday and faced trial, the sources added.
- Garo’s colourful 100 Drums Wangala festival celebrated in Assam
- Drones to track Ganja plantation: Tripura CM
- Mizoram: BJP to form next govt in Mara Autonomous Council
- Arunachal CM exhorts people to perform fundamental duties
- Tripura BJP launches ‘Har Ghar BJP’ outreach programme before polls
- Contribution of women members of Constituent Assembly rarely discussed: PM Modi