Agartala: The biggest gift that a teacher usually wishes to receive from his students is love and respect.
A similar incident took place at Sataria High School on Thursday with Krishnadhan Das, a teacher of the school, who received a tearful adieu from his students for the love and care that he always had for them.
Sataria High School is located in Udaipur sub-division of Gomati district and has 127 students with nine teachers. However, Das, it seems, was one of the most favourites among them all.
On his last day in school, what he had never expected was the students blocking his way by surrounding him and urging him not to leave them yet.
However, on receiving the transfer order from the school headmistress, Das left the school amid students crying and holding placards requesting him not to leave the school.
Das refused to speak with the media, but he urged students to take care and study hard for good results in the coming years.
The headmistress said that the students locked thje doors of the school and they wanted Das to remain in this school. “I have no control over it since he has already been transferred by the department concerned and he has to leave,” she added.
When asked about the development, the inspector of schools of Gomati district, ordered the school headmistress to start classes and said that the issue could be discussed later.
- HC orders interim stay on Assam-Meghalaya border pact
- SC directs UPSC, Nagaland, Centre to complete process of appointment of state DGP by Dec 19
- Treat patients first before initiating hospital admission process: Mamata to doctors
- Arunachal: CBI files charge sheet in APPSC question paper leak case
- For Zo refugees fleeing Bangladesh, BSF beating, ‘Mizoram is only hope’
- Indian High Commissioner presents credentials to King Charles