Guwahati: Nearly four shops and one bus counter were gutted after a major fire broke out at Hamren’s New Market area in Assam’s West Karbi Anglong district on Thursday.
As per sources, the massive inferno broke out around 12.30 on Thursday afternoon. However, there has been no reports of casualty so far.
Interestingly, despite being informed immediately after the incident, the district fire brigade personnel not only reached the spot late but also came unprepared without water loaded into the fire-fighting vehicles. However, they successfully managed to douse the flames by pulling water with the help of a screw pump from a stream flowing nearby.
Meanwhile, the district police administration has initiated an investigation into the incident, although the cause of the fire is not yet known.
- NRC published in August 2019 is final: Assam Foreigners’ Tribunal
- China launches cargo spacecraft to carry supplies to its space station
- Russia: Pro-Kremlin party looks set to retain majority in parliament
- Racism: Jairam Ramesh, Shashi Tharoor slam UK Covid travel rules
- We take allegations of improper actions seriously: Amazon
- North Korea slams US over submarine deal, warns countermeasures