Imphal: Six persons, including five security personnel, sustained injuries when a suspected Improvised Explosive Device (IED) exploded at Khoyathong Road near Sani Mandir in Imphal around 9.20 am on Tuesday.
Some vehicles have also been damaged during the blast. The names of the injured persons are: Lamabam Amarjit of Langthabal (Addl. SP Ops. IW), Thongam Devan of Lalambung (SI of CDO Iw Bazar Unit), Ningthoujam Ibotomba Singh of Thoubal Okram (ASI of City PS), Khuraijam Boney of Singjamei Chingamathak (ASI of CDO IW), Huirongbam Boboy of Thoubal Ningombam (Rfm. of 7th IRB attached with CDO IW and escort of Addl. SP Ops. IW) and Krishna Gurung of Pangei Nepali Basti.
The injured have been shifted to nearby hospital. State chief minister N Biren Singh along with senior police officers have already visited the blast site and asked the state administration to investigate into the matter with immediate effect. Security arrangement has been intensified across Imphal following the blast on Tuesday.
On November 2, an IED blast triggered by unidentified persons at Telipati area in Imphal East district injured three BSF jawans.
- Arunachal women conferred with ‘Inspiring Woman Award’
- Nagaland Lottery December 7: Check Dear Teesta Morning lottery result
- Mon killing: Nagaland government calls off Hornbill festival
- Nagaland incident: Genocide on pretext of mistaken identity, says NEFIP
- Nagaland: Konyak Union declares 7-day mourning, Mon bandh today
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for Dec 7