Agartala: Four persons, who were reportedly involved in the Baidya Dighi group clash that erupted in Sepahijala late on Wednesday night, were given bail by a sub-divisional judicial magistrate in Agartala.
Speaking with reporters, the counsel of Saheb Miah, who was arrested by the police following the clash, said that the court has granted bail to all three accused persons arrested under Bishalghar Police station case number 125/19.
“Police arrested four persons — Adut Miah, Joju Miah, and Saheb Miah, Santu Debnath. The court granted them bail with a condition that they will have to be present before the Bishalghar police station five days in a week,” the counsel said.
The next hearing has been fixed on November 16.
Meanwhile, a peace meeting was organised at Baidya Dighi, where the district magistrate C K Jamatia; Sepahijala superintendent of police Krishnendu Chakraborty; SDPO Uttam Banik; Sepahijala Sabhadipati Supriya Datta Das; Municipal Council vice-chairman Bishalgarh Anjan Purukayata ; and others also took part in the meeting, among others.
In the meeting, one peace committee, comprising 11 members, was formed.
- Japan’s military, among world’s strongest, looks to build
- Nagaland killings: RRAG calls for immediate arrest of accused personnel
- Tribal body revises death toll in Nagaland firing to 14
- Hornbill Festival stopped for a day as Nagaland mourns civilian killings
- Mahaparinirvan Diwas 2021: President, PM pay tribute to Dr BR Ambedkar
- MNF MLA among 92 new COVID-19 patients in Mizoram, 2 more deaths