Itanagar: The sixth edition of Chief Minister’s Sub-Veteran and Veteran Badminton Championship will be organised at Jairampur in Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh. The championship is being organised by the Changlang District Badminton Association (CDBA), under the aegis of the Arunachal State Badminton Association (ASBA).
The championship will be held from November 27 to 29 and comprises five events that include men’s singles, women’s singles, men’s doubles, women’s doubles and mixed doubles under the age groups 35+, 40+, 45+ and 50+.
However, the mixed doubles event will be conducted only for the 35+ age category.
More than 800 players from every nook and corner of the state are expected to participate in the championship, said Penya Bagra, secretary (administration), Arunachal State Badminton Association.
We are extremely happy and excited to get the opportunity to host such a big sports event. This will be the first that a state-level tournament will be held in Tirap, Longding and Changlang region, said Laisam Simai, president, Changlang District Badminton Association cum local MLA.
- Man beaten to death on birthday in UP’s Bareilly
- Faith-based schools less favourable towards education of girls: UNESCO
- Centre must extend retirement age of ‘Agniveers’ to 65 years: Mamata
- Sri Lanka exploring options to purchase oil from Russia: Minister
- Arunachal: IFCSAP welcomes Droupadi Murmu’s selection as prez candidate
- Centre using its agencies against those speaking the truth: Mamata