Agartala: To discuss with state stakeholders on various issues, including the National Register of Citizens (NRC) and the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill (CAB), a five-member high-level delegation of the All India Congress Committee (AICC) , headed by senior party leader Jairam Ramesh, MP, will be visiting Agartala on November 5.
During their visit, the party leaders would hold meetings with the state Congress leaders and other organisations and stakeholders to collect their opinion on NRC and CAB.
The delegation after meeting with all the state leaders will place a report to the party high command and AICC president Sonia Gandhi, sources informed.
The visit of the delegation is also important keeping an eye on the forthcoming Tripura Tribal Autonomous Areas District Council elections next year.
The delegation members will arrive at Agartala MBB Airport at 11:20 am and would hold a meeting with the state Congress leaders and other organisations which have been protesting over the implementation of CAB in the Northeast.
Earlier on October 18, AICC general secretary and Tripura In-charge Luizinho Faleiro had visited Agartala along with his deputy Bhupen Borah and held meeting with the party leaders to chalk out future strategies.
The AICC delegation is on a three-day visit to Northeast to hold meetings and review the ground reality and the people’s opinion over the NRC and CAB implementation.
The five-member delegation includes former minister Jitendra Singh, MP Manickam Tagore, Mohammad Ali Khan, and AICC general secretary Mukul Wasnik.
- Covid long-haulers may experience abnormal breathing, chronic fatigue
- Arunachal brand ambassador Sanjay Dutt says won’t leave state anytime soon
- Manipur CM lays foundation stone for 50-bed hospital in Noney district
- Watch: Why this is a make-or-break year for Kaziranga’s tourist economy
- No case of Omicron variant reported in India so far: Govt tells Parliament
- Mamata ‘gravitating force’, more people will join her: Mukul Sangma