Kohima: The National Socialist Council of Nagalim (Khaplang) expelled five of its top members, including kilonsers (ministers) and other party officials, on Friday.
The officials who got expelled were home minister self-styled Major General (retd) Angmai; religious ‘kilonser’ Chowangsing; and forest ‘kilonser’ Angkan. The others who were removed include ‘central council’ member R Sothing and self-styled Lt Col Aungsein of the ‘Naga Army’.
The insurgent group, through a press release, said that the members, who were imprisoned at the Khamti Jail in Myanmar since March 9, were continuously trying to conspire and immobilise Myanmar’s nationwide ceasefire. The press release stated that it was totally against the will of the party and is against their constitution as per Articles 4 and 5 of Section ‘C’.
The press release further stated that the expelled members would lose all eligibility of holding any responsible post in both council and the government under Article 10 (a) of Section ‘A’. Hence all their authorisation, power and privileges enjoyed by them stands cancelled with immediate effect from November 1, 2019, the release added.
- China says US diplomatic boycott violates Olympic spirit
- Sikkim government proposes creation of two more districts
- Mizoram to get bamboo link roads
- End of an era: Germany’s Merkel bows out after 16 years
- SKM blames ex-SDF legislators for Limboo-Tamang reservation failure
- 5 mistakes brands should avoid while finding influencers