Agartala: A head constable of Border Security Force (BSF) was found dead with bullet injuries under mysterious circumstances at a border outpost in Magruli locality of the Kailasahar subdivision of Tripura’s Unakoti district on Saturday.
The deceased jawan, identified as Sambhajit Keshrao Bhosle, was a memer of the 20 battalion of BSF and hailed from Satara district in Maharashtra.
As per sources, the incident took place around 2.15 am on Saturday morning while the head constable was on his duty in the locality. It is suspected that the head constable shot himself with his service weapon.
The postmortem of the body is being conducted till the filing of this report. Bhosle fired a total of three rounds from his service weapon, said reports. Bullet marks were also found on his chin.
Meanwhile, an investigation into the incident has been taken up and fingerprint of the jawan’s service weapon was collected for examination.
So, far there has been no official statement made by the BSF authorities till the filing of this report. Attempts to speak with senior BSF officials at Unakoti turned futile.
- Watch: A report from the Bru camps in Tripura, 25 years after exodus
- UK chief spy says China, Russia, Iran, terrorism are big 4 threats
- NE insurgents staying in Bangladesh but not operating from there: BSF
- Meghalaya Deputy CM hopeful of resolving differences with Assam
- People with A, B blood groups, Rh+ more susceptible to Covid: Study
- Covid long-haulers may experience abnormal breathing, chronic fatigue