Kolkata: India is going to host its first pink ball day-night test match at Eden Gardens, Kolkata from November 22 to 26 against Bangladesh.
According to reports, BCCI president Sourav Gaunguly confirmed the development on Tuesday. He also revealed that Captain Virat Kohli has agreed for the Test match.
The BCCI also plans to invite India’s legendary Olympians like Abhinav Bindra, MC Mary Kom and PV Sindhu and felicitate them for their contribution to the country’s Olympic movement during the match.
Indian cricketers have for long objected to playing with the pink ball, asserting that sighting the ball becomes a problem after it gets old. But Ganguly wants the Eden Gardens’ Day-night Test to be an “annual affair” just like Australia’s annual ‘Pink Test’ cricket.
The announcement ends days of speculations after Ganguly first proposed the idea to the Bangladesh Cricket Board, which faced resistance from its players and sat for multiple meetings to convince them.
- 5 mistakes brands should avoid while finding influencers
- Omicron in Assam? Samples of 4 SMCH doctors sent for genome sequencing
- Money Heist: Part 5 – Vol 2- abysmal, morally bankrupt
- Nagaland firing: Mamata tells cops to watch BSF activities in Bengal
- Rohingya sue Facebook for USD 150B, alleging role in violence
- ‘House of Gucci’ review: cinematic extravaganza about iconic fashion house