Aizawl: Health minister Dr R Lalthangliana on Monday laid the foundation stone for a Rs 3-crore state drug test laboratory to be constructed at the new capital complex in Aizawl.
Laying the foundation stone, the minister highlighted the importance of having a state drug testing laboratory. Once the construction laboratory building is completed, the government will be able to test not only medicines but also food items imported from outside the state, he said.
Lalthangliana said that the government will also be able to manufacture medicines and food items in the state. He added that the hassle of sending food items and medicines to Guwahati for laboratory test, which is time-consuming, will be a thing of the past.
Currently, Mizoram has a small and unsophisticated drug testing laboratory which is not sufficient to meet the requirements.
The new laboratory building will be constructed by Mizoram Technocrats Company and is scheduled to be completed within 18 months. The state government has allocated Rs 3 crore for the construction and another Rs 3 crore for purchasing equipment.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31