Itanagar: Arunachal Legislative Assembly Speaker Pasang Dorjee Sona on Monday administered the oath of office to newly elected Khonsa West MLA Chakat Aboh at Dorjee Khandu Auditorium at the Assembly Secretariat in Itanagar.
The Speaker administered the oath of office and secrecy to Chakat Aboh, the wife of slain MLA Tirong Aboh in presence of hundreds of Aboh’s supporters and MLAs.
Aboh had won the recently held Khonsa West Assembly Constituency by-election as an independent candidate.
The Khonsa West seat had fallen vacant after its sitting MLA Tirong Aboh, his 20-year-old son and nine others were gunned down by suspected insurgents in Tirap district on May 21 this year.
Although Aboh did not speak about joining the BJP or any other outfit, sources told Eastmojo that Aboh has probability of joining the ruling party.
- Bengal to soon conduct trials of COVID-19 booster shots
- Pakistan: Mob lynches Sri Lankan citizen over blasphemy
- WHO rushes team to S Africa to help combat new variant
- Meghalaya: 12 differently-abled beneficiaries receive assistive devices
- Nagaland: Rengma Nagas to go on hunger strike over demand for district
- Mizoram minister says MNF ‘anointed by God’ to face hard times